A 45-minute set free flowing liquid in a bottle – LUMBER JACK 45 MINUTE POLYURETHANE WOOD ADHESIVE LIQUID.
As well as bonding all common wood types (hard, soft, exotic, painted) LUMBERJACK PU WOOD ADHESIVES will also bond Formica, polystyrene, PU foam metal and glass wool and various plastics (including PVC) to porous surfaces. These products also adhere to stone, concrete, brick and masonry.
· Fast setting 45 minute set (Typical PVA based wood glue 8-12 hours)
· Exceptional bond strength to wood and most common building surfaces.
· Internal and external use – excellent weathering and aging properties.
· Fully water proof to EN204 D4, including seawater.
· Products foam slightly on application to fill small gaps and increase overall bond strength.
· Excellent Chemical Resistance.
Areas For Use
· General wood jointing and construction
· Window and door frame manufacture
· Door manufacture
· Furniture manufacture
· Boat building
· Construction of staircases and ladders
· As a high quality insulation adhesive for foam/glasswool/fibre boarding
· At least one of the surfaces to be bonded must be porous.
· Not suitable for polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon or Nylon.
· Surfaces may be damp, but moisture content of wood must not exceed 30%w/w.
· As product expands slightly on curing, do not use on sheet laminate. Use STICK 2 CONTACT ADHESIVE.
· Only apply between + 5 and + 30oC.
· Ensure surfaces are always clamped during use.
· Setting times will be increased at low temperatures and low humidity.
The surfaces to be glued should be clean and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. At least one of the materials must be porous. Roughen non-porous surfaces to give a key for the adhesive. To assist cure and achieve maximum bond strength, slightly moisten one surface with a damp cloth. Do not over wet.
Cartridge Products: Cut tip of cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Fix nozzle, cut to required aperture and apply using standard sealant gun.
Liquid version: Remove cap, cut spout and apply. Replace cap after use.
Wearing of gloves is recommended. Apply adhesive evenly to one surface. If necessary, cover large areas with a fine toothed spreader. Assemble parts IMMEDIATELY and clamp for duration of cure (5-30 minutes at 20oc; longer at lower temperatures). After this time, the joint may be easily handled. Full and final bond strength will be achieved after 30 minutes for 5 minute set or 24 hours for 30 minute set.
NOTE: These products foam slightly on application to fill small gaps. Any excess foam/adhesive must be removed with acetone before the product sets or with a sharp chisel once set.